Friday, October 03, 2008

ok rain.....



Ok rain.. you can go "home now".... another day of off and on showers. Ken and Eric are in the process of opening up the bundles of timbers and trying to get them ready so they can stain them and prepare them for assembly. They would get a group opened up, laid out and here comes another shower!!!! Ugh!!!

But, it seemed like the cellar was staying pretty dry, so, they decided to move the timbers "in" and work where they had a better chance of staying out of the rain.


The timbers are so pretty.... I can't wait to see a few done, and even more excited to see some up and in place. IF the weather will co-operate, they hope to have some ready next week. I hope so, because I have had this "brilliant" idea of having an "open house" next Sunday, and have invited a huge number of friends and family to come and see the "farm" and (hopefully) some timbers standing!!!!



I also had it in my mind, that rain or shine, Tonka was going into harness today!!! We have skipped out on too many days, and I don't want to "get behind" with him. So, I harnessed him up and out we went. As you can see, we got a peek of sun, which made the afternoon very pleasant.... and even though Tonka and I were walking in a very sloppy field... it was great fun. He's doing well... now, I just need to get my confidence up and pull that cart out!!!! I am comfortable ground driving, but the cart adds another element in my mind... and I "just got to do it!!!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the place, and a cart behind Tonka too!

Anonymous said...

Well we need a new blog. Get with it RUM!!!!!!!!