Friday, October 03, 2008

sneak preview....



Off and on all week, it has been rainy. This is a bit discouraging because the builders can't work as fast as they would like, and it seems like whenever I want to get Tonka into harness... the sky opens and the rain pours down. Yesterday afternoon, just when it looked like we might have a little break, a big black cloud appeared and I didn't even bother to take out the harness. However, look at the treasure we got instead.... a beautiful full rainbow over the field. Sadly, this picture really doesn't do justice for it's beauty... but I tried just the same.




Ken and Eric worked thru the rain showers as best they could, and by the end of the day... they had the foundation decked over. Ed couldn't resist taking a little stroll around the "house".. and here he stands in our new entry way!!!






And this is the view of the field that we will have from our front door!!!




Earlier this week, Mary had asked if I would like to come and see the puppies, and if I would be able to help her trim their nails. (they are very strong and wiggly, so it takes more than one set of hands to do nail trimming!!!!) I said I would love to come, and could Kas and Nate come and see their new baby. Mary was happy to have them come, so we snuck over last night!!!!

Even though I know puppies grow at an amazing rate, I can't believe how much these guys have changed in the two weeks since they were born. They are very strong, and they might be little, but, when you hold them, you really have to hang on!!! They have their eyes open now, and are beginning to walk.... and Rosie has been the most wonderful Mom!!! She was very patient with us standing around her box... she accepted the fact that Mary would pick the puppies up and hand them to us. She accepted the pats and compliments we gave to her... so, when it was time to trim nails, I thought I would just step into the box with Mary and the puppies and do them there. Well, that was the point where Rosie put her foot down... with a very gentle... but SERIOUS growl and direct eye contact, she told me in no uncertain terms, that I had crossed the line. I quickly respected her wishes, and backed off, and she calmly laid down with her babies, happy that I had gotten her message. So, we trimmed nails in the kitchen, Mary brought out one baby at a time, we did the nails and returned them to Mom.... who was happy with this arrangement. She is really such a wonderful girl, and if Kas and Nate's baby takes on after his Mama... they have got themselves a real prize for sure!!!!!







No comments: