Tuesday, May 12, 2009

mother's day & birthdays

In a town, not too far away, there once was a beautiful dairy farm. As a "child" I can remember driving past and seeing hundreds of cows, I always loved looking at that farm. Then a "few" years ago (at least 10 I am guessing) the cows began to "disappear" and before too long, the farm was for sale. Such a sad sight, and sadly it's happening all too often in this day and age. Usually these big farms are divided up and turned into housing developments, and not that it's a "bad" thing, just I "hate" to see it happen.



However ... in this case, the farm was not turned into a housing development, but into a golf course and "restaurant/function hall" instead. I still didn't like to see the old farm go, but, at least a golf course keeps the land open. I also noticed that a GREAT amount of work was being done to the barn, at the time I had no idea "what the plans were" and I hoped that the big beautiful barn would not find it's fate in the ground!!!!!





" Fate" seemed to smile on the big barn as well, for that was the part turned into a beautiful restaurant and function hall, where weddings and the like take place. They also offer a Sunday brunch during the "off season" and I am told that it's "quite the feed."
About six weeks ago, Kassy called and said she wanted to make reservations for Mother's Day and have us all go to the "farm" for their special Mother's Day brunch.... sounded good to me, the plans were made. I was excited to go, because I have wanted to see what was really done with the big farm.


It's hard to describe how wonderful it all was!!!! First of all, having everyone get together was GREAT fun. Second of all, the brunch was amazing... I don't think there wasn't anything that was offered. It was buffet style, and you could get anything from cereal to raw oysters!!! and just about everything in between (I did not eat oysters!!!) The service was great, and the place is just beautiful!!! The barn still has a "barn look" and yet it is very elegant!!!!



Really, it isn't so much Mother's Day, as it is Family Day... so we just had to pose for this family picture!!! (besides I'm not one that dresses up too often, so you better get a picture of that!!!)










On another note.... It was also brother Bill's birthday (this is Ed's brother for those of you who may not know)....
So, we sort of had a birthday celebration as well as the Mother's day brunch, and even talked him into having a picture done with his nieces!!!
Happy Birthday Bill!!!!!!!




Later in the day, I invited my Mom and Dad, and sisters and nieces to come to the camp for a cookout. It's always wonderful to just be able to sit with family and get caught up on the daily events, we don't do it enough!!!
Because I was so busy playing "hostess" I (sadly) didn't get any pics of our cookout, except for this quick one where I found my nieces playing with Titus!!!!





Little Naomi is quite the animal lover (how could she not be in this family??) and she really gets a kick out of Titus. She wasn't even one bit afraid when I took him out of the tank for her to see. She petted his shell and talked to him and told him that he was a great turtle!!!!
so cute!!!!!!







And last but not least... to the "end of this day"... I also have to say that it was (is) Camille's birthday!!!
She turned six today....
where has the time gone????
Such a grand, grand day... and if I haven't said it before, I must say it again... I am very blessed and truly grateful to the Good Lord for such a life.






4 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Sue! It was a wonderful day in every way! We're so blessed to have wonderful families!

Jules said...

What a beautiful house and barn! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's/Family Day. :o)

Rick Barnaby said...

Happy Mom's Day Sue... great pics & a great storie!

Linda said...

What a great pic of the family.

It was a special treat to check out the blog and find lots of entries...I know...now it's my turn!