Wednesday, July 22, 2009

congratulations Deb!!!


Last June, Deb brought Alice (Mocha's foal) to the driving clinic. Deb wanted to add to her horse knowledge and Alice was being... well, say we say, Less than agreeable when it came to driving. Deb worked with Butch, picked up some new ideas, and she and Alice did some amazing work at the clinic.
After the clinic they ran into another trouble spot, but Deb kept her cool and took a deep breath and continue on with her training of Alice. Part of which was giving Alice a little time off.

This morning when I opened my email, look at the great pictures that were waiting for me. Deb has Alice back in cart and reports that she is going well!!!!

We "horse folk" can certainly understand the thrill that you have when all of a "sudden" your hard work, patience and determination begins to pay off....

so.. I just want to send a huge congratulations to Deb and to Alice.. and wish them both many miles of happy driving...

I'll be sure to tell Mocha!!!!!!



2 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my! What a surprise...Thank you!! I haven't driven her since those pictures on Sunday, but I'm still so proud of her! She and David's 84 year old Dad took a solo ride around the yard. I was pleased to see her be a perfect lady, AND the big, ear to ear grin on Grampa's face as he got a chance to drive a horse again. Good Job, Alice!!PS...I might add that Alice didn't mind a bit when Gramma kept asking to go around, one more time! :)

Jules said...

What a pretty pony! I recently went with my friend to her little girl's riding lessons. She usually rides their pony name Chappy...but he was acting stubborn. She said ponies, from her experience, tend to be more stuborn than horses. Do you find this to be true through your experiences?