Thursday, April 08, 2010

good day of work...

"wait til you see what my folks got done today... they were like crazy people working at the house all day. I hear there is something going on about us moving in here.. and maybe that has something to do with it. That will be great, because you know, I love being here at the farm, and it's going to be so much fun to actually live here"




Camille was right, Ed and I went crazy in the house today... we are on "crunch" time and any possible moment is now spent here. This morning, the down stairs bath looked like this.....


and before we took a break for lunch... it looked like this. Mind you, it's just one coat, and I'll have to do another.. and no, the painting around the tub isn't done, because the chalking wasn't dry enough to paint... but the basic part of it is done... and I at least know exactly "what" the color is going to look like.


After lunch, we ran down and got the barn chores done. I was "afraid" that if I didn't do them, I might be too tired at the end of the day to do them.... but, here is the living room before we went to lunch.......





and just before supper time.... here's the color on the living room walls.... it took me "forever" to decide on this "green".....











The funny thing about "this" green is... I had bought the small sample cans of green.. tried them, and then went and got more. But once I decided on a color, Ed pointed out that twice I had bought the sample size of this green... so, to have picked it two different times.. I guess it's the color that I really wanted.








Ed spent the day on the electrical side of things. It's hard when he has this project going and then is taken away from it, because he has to remember "where" everything goes. Today he got the lights over the mantel working... and they look so very nice. I would love to see them when it's "dark"... but today, had to settle for what they look like in the "daytime"... and now, as far as I know... all the electrical is up and running on the first floor.... check another project off the list......





2 comments:

Alex said...

I love the colors you've chosen, and the new header is perfect! Love the rocking chair

Rick Barnaby said...

LOOK'N GOOD!