Thursday, April 08, 2010

surprise party....


If you have been a follower of the blog then you already know that Deb and I have birthdays within days of each other. Mine being 3/30 and Deb's being 4/1... we are also the same age, which means that it was Deb's big 5-0 as well. Our "poor" kids.. two surprise parties in one week, but they pulled it off and last Saturday (4/4) it was Deb's turn to be surprised.








A nice table of gifts from family and friends.. waiting Deb's arrival....












A moment to unwind and begin to enjoy the time together before Deb arrives....



And talk of "how was she getting there".. because that part had been left up to Dave....



Even Chester had to wonder what Dave would do to bring Deb to her party!!!!



Fortunately is was an absolutely perfect spring day, so Dave suggested that they hitch up Buddy and Alice and go for a little drive together.I took this picture thru the window... Deb had no idea that she was driving to her own party!!!!!







But as she rounded the corner, she figured it out pretty quickly.....








And it's pretty safe to say that she was as surprised at her party as I had been at mine....
they "got ya Deb"!!!!!






Course, all the "hitching up work" couldn't go to waste... so Dave gave some rides around the parking lot with Buddy before he headed back home with him.






The horses had to be taken back home, Rick offered to drive Alice back so Deb could stay at her party.











Abbie got right into the "swing of things".. she didn't quite get the idea of blowing into this little horn to make the sound, but she "knew" it had something to do with "going into the mouth"....










Sadie tried to show her what to do... but she's still pretty little to be doing something like that....











Deb had a grand time .. as did the rest of us... she got to see a lot of friends and some folks that she hadn't seen in a long while. It was a great afternoon and one that we won't forget for a long time.....
happy birthday, my dear friend.....









1 comment:

Deb said...

Thank you Sue! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry in surprise...I'm still awestruck by that whole afternoon. I can't believe that everybody kept it such a secret. I was so pleased to see everyone, I'm so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family! And Alice, too! I just really wish that:
a) I had been cleaner(I had been doing yardwork and had just come out of the woods from a dog walk) b)that I had more time to visit with everyone! Thank you for such a nice blog! Love, Deb