Tuesday, December 21, 2010

dressing up the house...

So if Christmas were on a schedule, I can tell you that I am way behind. But I have come to the conclusion that you can't put Christmas on a schedule, at least I can't, because all of a sudden it seems like the pressure arrives. I would have liked to had the tree up much sooner than this, but I guess if it goes up late, it can stay up later. And I think that is what we'll do this year.







Abbie of course, was pretty taken with all this festivity. She kept saying "oh pretty" as we were stringing the lights, but once we open the box of ornaments, she was more than delighted. Course, we had to keep a careful eye on her, some of the ornaments are very fragile, and OLD. I started collecting Christmas ornaments when I was 12, and I have many of them still. There are also ornaments that have been gifts, or bought at different places, or remembrance of people and pets that have gone on....





I am sure anyone of us can say the same about our Christmas ornament collections. And I do replace them out, some are just tucked away and some are sorted out time to time when new ones arrive. We have begun Abbie's collection, and I passed Kassy's onto her when she started having her own tree.





Sadie tried to show Abbie how we "did" this, but we soon found out that Abbie had her own idea of how it was done. No sooner would an ornament be placed and she would move it. We put anything "unbreakable" in Abbie range --- and in Ginger range for that matter-- so a little rearranging isn't any big matter. But we'll have to keep an eye on her for sure.






Some final touches here and there.....









and there you go.... the first tree in our new house!!!!

1 comment:

Alex said...

The tree is beautiful! Im sure the festive mood meter went up a notch or two with that beauty!