Tuesday, December 21, 2010

holiday events....

I've been a bit upset about how "behind" I am this year. I am usually one of those folks that is ready for Christmas sometime around Halloween. But not this year, and I just don't know where the time has gone!. Course the fact that I had been teaching four nights of dog classes, putting in some extra time at the post office, training a new puppy, plus taking care of the farm, boarding dogs....... and the trip to Williamsburg.. I guess I can account for my time after all. One thing though, I am enjoying the holiday season, and I'm not going to stress on what does or doesn't get done.....



Last Thursday evening was our annual Christmas party, pot luck and auction. As always it was a great time... Wayne was our auctioneer.. and here is a prize that I 'won"... I thought this little case would be a great "project holder"....











some of our members enjoying the auction....














Kelli and baby Abbie.....













AND.... if there wasn't enough happening.... in my rush to get to the dog club party, I didn't close Duke's stall door tight, and while we were parting.. so were some horses. Course they weren't thoughtful enough to pick up after themselves and left this nice little mess for me to deal with the next morning... silly boys, (but you can be sure I'll double check the doors from now on....... )




I have also been practicing with the bell choir again this year. We met every Saturday afternoon all December.... I love being in this choir and we are hoping to make this a "more than once a year" event.







Then Saturday evening, one of the firefighters hosted a party for the kids. Course Abbie was invited, and she had a grand time checking out their tree. She also had a great time just being with other little kids... she fits right in with everyone, I'm glad to see that she is not a bit shy...








and look who the surprise visitor was.....











yup.. Mr. C. made a quick trip down from the north pole to check up and make sure everyone is being good... after all, his big ride is later this week!!!



1 comment:

Alex said...

I think you have earned a sit down, feet up, cocoa sipping evening! Enjoy the Holiday season, I'm sure Abbie is going to love it!!