Saturday, June 02, 2012

Memorial Day....

Memorial Day this year was just beautiful... the weather couldn't have been more perfect. We had to meet up with Abbie's Dad since Mondays are "his" day, and after we dropped her off, went to the Memorial Day parade. I of course, took Norton along, parades are a great place to do "service dog" training.

 We met up with Kelli, Rick and Moxie.. and Kathleen, Bob and Monty -- and had a nice time watching the parade together and allowing the dogs to meet the people and see all the going on's. Norton thought the parade was quite neat....and watched if for a while.
 Then he got bored and "stole" the toy that Rick had brought to entertain Moxie. She didn't mind at all.....
After the parade we went over to "the" bridge. Rick has been talking about this footbridge that he discovered and thought it would be good place to try the dogs. The trouble is, the dogs don't have trouble crossing bridges... I do!!! This is a nice sturdy bridge, but I couldn't help but keep my hand on the railing.

And if you look carefully, you can really see what this bridge looks like. The dogs must certainly think this grate feels strange on their feet, I simply don't like how open it is. But, it is a good test for the dogs.

Rick took little Moxie over it several times and she just plodded along. I will certainly keep this in mind for any future puppies in training...

In the afternoon we went to my Mom and Dad's for a family cookout. My Mom is doing very well after her hip surgery a few weeks ago, and it was nice for us to all be together. We decided to pull out the old croquet set and give the game a try. We didn't finish because the food was ready part way threw, but we need to do this again.
Then after all that good food, it was time to get the doggies out for a little walk. Kas took her two, Becky too Amy and I had my four... we looked like a doggie parade.


Abbie's Dad dropped her off later in the day, and it was so cute to watch the little cousins playing together. My Mom has saved some of our old toys and the little girls love to play with them. I don't think they even make this Fisher Price garage anymore.

Abbie tried her hand at the croquet game....she got a couple of good hits on the ball.

And it seemed all to soon, the day was over and we were picking things up and heading for home. It was such a great day... family, friends, fun and food... we are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I had a garage like that! Man, it's scary to see our 'old toys' become antiques.