Saturday, June 02, 2012

a soggy Saturday.....

It was with all good intentions that Kelli, Kathleen and I headed to the first NEADS walk a thon to do the walk route and make some money for the service puppies. But as we drove further and further south, the rain that had been predicted was really coming down. Still, there was a pretty good crowd when we arrived and we still planned on doing the walk.

Everyone dressed for the weather.. including Camille. Since I am "service dog puppy-less" I knew that Camille would be happy to step in.

After signing in, visiting with our NEADS friends, we headed out. Kelli had Moxie...

Kathleen had Monty.....

and the area for the walk was beautiful. Even in the rain. But we hadn't gotten very far, and the heaven's opened. It didn't take very long for us to become soaked. I took a look at my buds and said "sorry girls - this isn't for Camille and me"... and Kelli agreed. But Kathleen, ever full of adventure decided to continue.

A few hours later, she and Monty returned. They got a bit lost along the way, but managed to get a good part of the walk done. All in all, I think the walk was quite successful despite the weather. But truly my favorite part was being with good friends... enjoying the service dogs, and having a nice meal on the way home.
I started the woodstove, got into dry clothes and blogged the rest of the night. What a great day!!!!

No comments: