Tuesday, July 24, 2012

lobster... again....

For us - lobster eating folk - this has been a good summer. Lobster prices are way down, and right now, it's a pretty cheap meal. And while I appreciate that (I do love lobster) I feel bad for the fishermen who are trying to make a living doing this. When lobster, per pound, is cheaper than a gallon of gas, there is no way these folks can be making a living at what they do, and a number of them have pulled their boats and aren't bothering to even try.
but, I will support them and eat what I can, maybe drive the demand back up........
Yes, Camille --- that is lunch. Our puppy raiser friends from New York are visiting the seacoast this week. So, we thought it would be great fun to get together and have a good ol fashion lobster bake....
The puppies were surprising happy to see each other and NOT on the streets of the city. It was fun to bring them all together in a non working event.....

Here's my lunch.... ooohhh , I can't wait.....
We had a wonderful afternoon.. talking about all sorts of things, enjoying great food and the ocean... and getting photos of this year's puppies.











Bogey still isn't sure that we eat these things... but I bet he would have tried if I let him.
Moxie says.. "this is a set up for sure, I'm not touching those things". We've had some pretty great weekends... thinking back, lakeside, cookouts, family and friends, sky diving, and lobsters by the sea...
ya, know.... we are blessed!!!!! 

No comments: