Wednesday, April 30, 2014

all done.....

"all done".... for those who know me and my "dog training" you know that "all done" is my release word... my clue to my dog's that the task at hand is complete and they are free to go... to move on, and do what is important to them... they are "off my clock"... and so, today.. our trip to neads.... is "all done".... it's turn in day for this pretty yellow dog!!!!
My stop before heading out the drive.... a picture of my girl, with the farm in the background... to one day share with her new owner and show them "where Deb" had her first year ... growing up with us, and being such a big part of our family.....
As with any pup that I turn back... I send a huge piece of my heart.... I have been praying already for Deb's new partner... I don't know them... but some place they are "out there"... dreaming about this dog... and now it's time and training that will bring them together. It's wait and see for me!!!!!!
We arrive at NEADS... everyone knows "what" this day is, and I (and Deb) are greeted with huge smiles, support and the understanding of how it is to come to this important day. Deb seems to know (well of course she does know) that something is different this time... I see it in her.....
While waiting to get started with Dave... we steal away for some quiet time, and those last (all important) hugs and promises that I really love her so  much and that I won't ever forget her!!!!
The smile looks brave.... the heart is NOT....
Our day goes as usual... meeting first with Dave to talk about the past month, filling him in on all the details. I mostly talk about Cappy.. since Deb is going...but you just have to notice where Deb has placed herself during our talk..... 
With thoughts of Cappy, both Kathleen and I feel that Cappy would be better to not turn in today.. but return home with us. She is very sweet, and very young, and we feel that more time in a "home" environment will greatly benefit her. So, good news here.... Cappy is returning with us.... but Deb is definitely staying on.... Kathleen will officially take over Cappy's work, and I will have a new little one coming back with me......
From NEADS it's onto the local mall.... always great "things" to work with here. This is little Sasha... Linda's puppy... working the stairs!!!! (so glad that we took Cappy, Mookie and Debbie to the  hospital and worked stairs much like these!!!)
A quiet moment with a little friend... Deb has been amazing with kids... perhaps that is where she will find her "forever" person.......
Kathleen took advantage of this nice bench and worked some "unders" with Cappy dog.... we puppy raisers look for "anything" that will add to our training rosters!!!!
Walking the malls.........
We went to a little restaurant for lunch... and it was a bit of a tight fit... but my sweet yellow dog knows how to handle this. I see where my year of work has gone.... into a very good girl who now views this sort of thing as "normal".....

and then, in the blink of an eye... it's over... the day is done... the good bye is here for real....
And these photos are mine..... with that last kiss and hug... it's "good girl"... "goodbye"...

its.... "all done"......  (I love you!!!!)
and before I can even dry a tear.... oh my goodness....






here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: