Tuesday, April 29, 2014

catching up...


well, things on the farm never seem to stay exactly the same... and as it turns out, it's changed again. Sadie, Jessie, Abbie (and dogs) have returned to the farm to be with us for a bit. It's nice to have everyone around again, and the quiet days that I was  just getting used to... are gone for now....
The days are getting longer and somewhat warmer... Abbie seems to enjoy the freedom that she can have here. And she is beginning to feel braver about driving her little four wheeler around.....
Which is nice, because we certainly have oodles of room for riding things!!!!
Each trip she goes a little further and further, and has announced that "one time, I'm going to drive all the way to the barn by myself!!!"  (I don't doubt that for one second.)
We've been making field trips with Deb... though I have to admit, many of them are "old hat"... so when they get to this point, I know that it's time she move onto the next level....Abbie loves to do the field trips with me, and is even happier when I tell her she can take Deb. 
Today, we hit up Tractor Supply.. I needed some "farm things" and the little chicks are in... so, fun for Abbie and a great distraction for Miss Deb... though she's really not that impressed....
Up and down the isles... practicing all the things she has been taught..... 
and even getting in a few extra hugs from friendly folks. 
The bees have begun to venture out. On days that arent' too windy, I noticed they are making their flights. I doubt there is much out there in the way of "food" right now... but I have a feeling they know what they are doing...
Its' still too cold to unwrap them and do a proper hive check.... there are more piles of snow that bare spots.... but, maybe in a few weeks, we can check them out. I am just thrilled that they got threw the winter... because there is no doubt, this was a "good one". 
We also had a baby shower to attend this past week. My friends daughter, Marci is expecting a little one in May. 
I brought Debbie along with me.... since I brought Norton to Marci's wedding, it seemed only fitting that a service puppy attend a baby shower!!! Marci was so happy to see me, and it was fun when a number of the guests had also been to the wedding and remembered Norton....
Such a fun happy time...... and it's a "girl".. so the colors were so bright and cheerful  on all the gifts...
Deb, of course, was perfect, and laid quietly under the table -out of sight - each time that she needed too. She is such a good girl.....
Marci, Chris and baby Maia....... special days lay ahead....
Our other big adventure of the week was another pet therapy visit with the children. Debbie is so good with the kids, and seems to enjoy going. 
She actually had been away for a few days.. spending time at Cabela's with Linda... so we met at the visit to swap back. Livy was thrilled to see her friend......
After visiting with the kids.. the doggies had sometime to visit with themselves.... we had a couple of new ones on this visit... Linda K. brought Sasha (her newest --as Matty has gone back)....
And Linda S brought Otis... who Livy thought was just awesome...
And Camille was happy just to rest. She likes being with the kids, but at almost 11... I notice that she does tire after busy visits like we had.
The puppies.. however, are always fill of fun!! and ready to go......
Sadie has been doing some work with Twinkle now that she's here. This is the pony we got from auction and the one that has been so afraid of us. We've just been giving her some time to adjust.. allowing her to get to know us on her terms, and I think it's paying off.... 
Abbie has sat on her a few times, but I was pretty surprised when I saw them walking down by the house with Abbie on!!!! 

Slow and quiet seems to be the trick... and I love this photo.. they both look so comfortable and happy together....

Time to move ..........
Everyone is venturing further with the warmth.. the guinea hens are beginning their rounds of the farm... looking for all those "horrid" bugs.. I'm happy to see them out and about....











The "tic" guard!!!!















and shedding season.... lots of mud rolling ..... oh my, when these guys begin to loose their winter coats.........

No comments: