Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter


This was a "strange" Easter... everyone in the family had traveled out of town, leaving just Ed and I, and my sister Rachel and her guy Rob. So, instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, Rach and I decided to get together and to "do something for Easter". I told Rach that I would like to go somewhere different, maybe travel a little, get a change of scereny.... something!!!!! With all the winter weather, and not going anywhere, I wanted to see something "different". 
So, Rach did some scouting around and found a motel that was offering an Easter Brunch. It was about an hour's drive from the farm. At first the guys couldn't see why we wanted to drive an hour for breakfast..... but they went along with it.....
And what a beautiful place she found!!!! The drive over was really nice, and even though we still don't have much "green" around, just seeing different places made it well worth it. The hotel was grand, and sits right on a lake, the views were fabulous!!!
The food was amazing too.... but I mostly enjoyed looking out these grand windows and enjoying the company of my hubby, sister and Rob.....
From what I was told, they also offer Sunday brunches here, and I told Ed that we needed to keep that in mind. And some Sunday this summer, when it doesn't seem like we have "anything to do".. we'll travel back there and have another meal with them....
My fav had to be their waffles... topped with fresh fruit. But they had everything to choose from!!!!

Spring flowers.... hope they make an appearance soon on the farm.....
After our great meal... we walked about the property.... hate to tell you, but there was still ice out on the lake......
The day was fairly warm.....you can feel that spring is really close....












and the blooms are just waiting to "happen"....










No comments: