Thursday, August 06, 2015

hitting the streets....




I am having the best time teaching this Canine Community class!!! I love my students and I love the training sessions... tonight we went into Portsmouth and worked the dogs on the streets of the city.... 














We always seem to draw the attention of the crowds... I don't know if it's just the number of dogs working together or the fact that they are all so well behaved. The gals are doing so well and seem to be having such a fun time....
Working on the street is fun.. you never know "what" you are going to come across...
Or go across for that matter......
However, my fear of bridges only allowed me to go half way... and by this time, I was almost shaking in my boots.... I got this quick photo and told the gals that if they  wanted to go on, they could.. I turned around....

We practiced things like a sit before crossing the roads... moving over into tight spaces so others could pass by...
and even how to handle and remain calm when approached by another who might not act so well. Actually this little chap was rather nasty, and was a perfect opportunity for Brutus to practice a "leave it" command...

Our training sessions always seem to end with "treats"... (for the humans)... ice cream is always on the list. But again, great training opportunities... to have your dog lay quietly under a table (out of the way) and not bother with all the food and activity around them....
Though hugs and compliments from the public are always welcomed...
A beautiful summer night in the city... a great night of dog training, and I have to think this is "my life and my work"...



blessings abound.....

No comments: