Tuesday, August 30, 2016

goin' to the fair

another year, and the fair is back in town... I love our little fair... it's not big, that's for certain, but it has all the things that a good fair should.... animals, rides, food.. ribbons... and we look forward to it each year. Reagan is really happy to go this year because there will certainly be his favorite things.... tractors!!!
The doggie quilt.. now named "Hunter's quilt" was finished just in time, and proudly hangs with a blue ribbon. I love this little quilt and it already holds so many memories for me. Now just in the amount of time it took to get it done, but the fact that I finished it at the same time Hunter went onto Rainbow bridge.... so I can't help but think of him whenever I see this one.... but... let's not talk sad stories here...

I also enjoy seeing what other people have made, and it's good to say that (at least for this) the crafts in our area are alive and well.... just hope they're being passed onto the next generation.

The display barns had all sorts of different things, I liked seeing this "bee equipment" display... lots of old pieces from bee keeping days...
and I always love seeing carriages... someday I would love to have an older carriage along with my little wagonette...
They had a new thing this year... a "town" I guess you would call it. The children could walk threw collecting different things from the town and barnyard, and then at the end, if they had collected all the things, they got a prize. Reagan decided to give it a try.
Milk the cow... (that's where the mild comes from)
Pick the veggies....
deliver to the market....
sort it out in the store... and pick your prize... it was a cute idea... but really Reagan had better things to do. I guess being around the farm(s) of his grandparents, they're not really all that exciting...
Always fun to get a few rides in at the fair.....
Next year Cal...... 

Logan puppy came along with us... she really wasn't that excited about any of it... her days with us are coming to a close, so I'm getting in as much "us" time as possible.... she's such a good girl.
Then it was onto the animals.... I have to say, I wished that had been my childhood life... raising animals, and doing 4H at the fairs. The kids that hang around the barns always seem to be having such a good time, and I think it's just so important. I suppose I could get into a whole thing about kids and the things they do in this day and age... but, since I'm not raising them anymore... 

I'll just say, I'm happy to see the 4Her's each year...



Sadie and Abi joined us later in the evening... it was so much fun to have all the grands with us. We ate too much "bad" food... walked the fairgrounds a few times, and just enjoyed a beautiful summer night at the little town fair.....
At the end, we were all tired, full and happy......



and the fall things are beginning once again.....

No comments: