Sunday, December 27, 2009

day before the day before....

I think I might be "back in business" in the bloggin world!! It's been a long road, and technically our computer still isn't fixed, but Ed graciously went to his office and brought this one home, just to keep me sane. So, even though the real date is 1-17-2010, I am going to pick the blog up where I left off.. back in December, and bring you up to date on all the news. Happy reading everyone.. you have no idea how happy I am to be back!!!!!














So, it's the "day before the day before" and if you were reading this blog last year (or the year before) you already know that I love the 23rd!! To me, the excitement of Christmas is just around the corner, and still waiting to happen, sadly, once the 24th arrives, then it is Christmas and the celebration is happening and beginning to end.. sort of a strange way to look at things.. but...




Kas had the idea of doing a "girls" lunch on this day before the day before, so, we all met at a great little restaurant and just enjoyed each other's company and the day. Abbie was as good as gold, and pretty much slept thru this great adventure, but there are many more to come and I think she will appreciate this day as much as her silly Grandma does...






She woke up happy just as we were about to leave, isn't that smile just the greatest???


















It was back to the farm and chores after our lunch. Not as much snow as last year (fine with me) and I have to say, I think Turkey Manor looks much better with lots of "green" around it... but here it sits, waiting for next year's residents.....















Early Christmas gift... help with barn chores!!! Talk about "knowing what to give someone!!"












And later that evening, finishing up in the gift wrapping department, though I think Abbie was more tired than interested.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, the bell choir is scheduled to play. We were suppose to play "Christmas Sunday", but snow kept our choir director from coming to church, so, she called to see if we were available to play tomorrow night. We did have other plans with the kids, so everything had to be changed on our end.. but I didn't want to be the one that kept the choir from playing.. so change it is...

















5 comments:

Linda said...

YEAH!!!!

Alex said...

ok, im ready for more sweetgrass stories! Hope they were able to help the 'puter problems!

MEME said...

I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND I MISS IT!!

MEME said...

HI! I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN YOU GET TO BLOG AGAIN! I ENJOY YOUR BLOG SO MUCH.HURRY BACK!!!

Rick Barnaby said...

OH MY, that is the cutest pic of Miss Abbie EVER!