Wednesday, June 23, 2010

poor Beeker- BAD Camille!!!

She isn't so happy about showing it off, but you might notice that little Beeker is sporting a very bald area... thanks to Camille!!!

I'm not too sure exactly what happened. I was at the farm yesterday - answering yet MORE questions - when Camille snuck out of the house. I don't usually worry too much about that, because she never "goes" anywhere, but when she didn't return I went and called for her.





Sure enough, she came running back from the barn. When we arrived I asked her "what were you up to" but she never took the time to answer my question.


Later in the day I went up to the barn and found white feathers EVERYWHERE!!! I suddenly got a very sick feeling and ran into the "chicken stall", there was little Beeker on her nest. She was sitting so still that I wondered for a moment if she were still alive. She was, but when I picked her up, I saw this huge bald spot... guess now I know what Camille was up to.

So.. needless to say, Miss Camille will no longer be a welcomed guest in the barn, and poor little Beeker will probably need the entire summer growing these feathers back... "bad dog Camille!!!"

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh-h-h poor little Beeker! Ian was quite concerned when he saw the pictures but as I scrolled down to the next blog entry, he said in relief, "Oh, it's okay! Beeker is eating a strawberry now."