Thursday, August 20, 2015

summer projects.....continued......

Ed and I decided that the deck was going to be enough of a project for us to do. So we hired out the front walk way to be done. The materials arrived a few weeks ago and we have just been waiting to Joe to come and get it started.... and that has begun today!!!
The weather has moved into a very hot humid summer streak. I wished they had started the walk way sooner when it was cool, but... they had to come on their schedule. I don't know why I worry about them working in the heat... but I do...
I have to say, once the blocks were opened and they got working, it went quicker than I thought...
The garden bed was made first... it's a tricky job and a lot of "fussy" work... all the grades have to be done just so...
But I already love what I see, and can't wait to see the brick walkway go down.....
We also had our first official cookout on the deck... with Sadie and Abi.... I hope this is just the first of many more to come, but it was so fun to step out the door and enjoy the deck...
It didn't take Ed too long to move the grill up here. We have talked about this for such a long time and it was so fun to see it sitting where it belongs. We'll even be able to do grilling in the winter!!!!
It makes me nervous that we don't have the railings up.... but Sadie and Abi know not to get too close to the edge (I think....)
perfect summer night....
I bought this cute little flame light. It really does a nice job, but the camera can't capture it all that well. We had a really good supper, steak, corn, fresh veggies.. and sat out until the dark (and bugs) came.... finally, so much work it paying off......


yes!!!!

No comments: