Thursday, August 20, 2015

visitors and good news.......

Today, Abi, the horses and I were very happy to welcome some very special visitors to the farm. My friend Staci has two little girls, who love horses, and I had promised them a ride in the cart if they came for a visit. I was able to keep that promise today. Knowing they were coming, I had Abi here as well.. and pretty much as I thought, the three little gals had a great time being together. 
I wondered what they would think when I brought Duke out, Abi is used to being around him, so I figured she would show them how gentle he is...
but it didn't take them anytime to warm right up to him, and he had a grand time with all their attention. Being so big, they had to take turns using the mounting block to reach all the high spots....
and Duke stood as quiet as could be. Sadly I didn't get pictures of the rest of the day.. we harnessed him up, hitch to the cart and took several trips around the field with the little gals both riding and sometimes driving ... (it's hard to take pictures and do all that at the same time...)
after the drives, we gave old Duke another good brushing and then tucked him away with treats.... the girls stayed a bit longer to play with Abi and enjoy some treats....while Staci and I had a nice visit together.  It was a very fun afternoon and one that I  need to do more of......
 Work on the front walk and garden area is really coming along. The guys are doing such a nice job. Even though the temps are beastly.... they haven't missed a day.....
I love the stone we picked, and to me it has the looks of an old foundation... I can't wait to get some plants in here, and I think it's going to be easy to take care of.....
But, we're not going to have a garden area by the front door... for that place something very special has been planned....
Course, it's those "special things" that usually require the most amount of work.....
and it took some careful measuring, cutting and planning.....
and then.... it's there.......
the very last piece......
 and the "area" now becomes the place where...



I am going to have a garden pond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still have much to do, but I am very excited to try this....
plus we have the perfect fountain for it!!!! Ed was given this hydrant when he was done with his term on the Water district board... we have had it all this time, just looking for the perfect place to use it. It's all ready to go... and now the "pond" will be it's new home......
With the wall complete, the walkway will be next. We have a nice old look brick for that.... 


and then the icing on the cake for today... Danny's letter has come. He has been matched and will be working as a social dog with a man who works with trouble teens... I knew this was coming, but it's so wonderful to "see it".. and it will be the perfect job for him...


so another puppy is heading to graduation.... and I could be a prouder Mom!!!!

No comments: