Friday, September 14, 2018

Sunday visitors..(9/9/18)

With my own riding lesson coming up at the end of the week...I have been trying to get Mr. Tonka out and working once again. I'm excited about the lessons, because I know it will get me working with him once again. But, today, Sadie gave a call and said she would like to come up and get on the boy and see what she could do with him. I was thrilled at this idea.
I have to say, our Sadie is a true horseman. She has always had a natural riding ability, ever since she was very little... and so, seeing her on Tonka made me so happy. She hasn't ridden in a long long time... last year she was expecting little Kelsey, so she couldn't ride.. and even before that, she never really had the time. I'm hoping that now she's gotten back on.. she'll try to find more time to do so.
Tonka was a very good boy for her, but he knows when someone knows how to ride, and so he doesn't act silly when someone is in good control. They played around in the round pen for a bit, and then Sadie took him out around the farm...(sadly I didn't get pics of that!!!)

But I know he appreciated the big hug and praises after his workout. Now, it's my turn to keep this all going.. and I can't wait to the end of the week and my lesson with Kate.
After Sadie's visit, we had another very happy visit... with our friends Christina and Marty from New York. I have known these folks for 40 years.. but it's been a long long time since we have had the chance to visit. Christina was here a few years ago with her sister, but Marty wasn't able to come, this time though he could.
We had such a good time talking over old days and catching up on what we all have been doing lately. Christina was a school teacher, and was teaching only five blocks away back in 2001 when the world trade center was attacked. Since Tuesday marks another anniversary of that horrid day, it was kind of "strange" that they were here today. She doesn't like to talk much about it, but will share some bits and pieces of how that day went, and how it took her almost 16 hours to get back home.. on what was normally a 2 hour commute for her. 

I would very much like to visit New York City, and I think we're going to plan on visiting with them in the spring and have our own personal tour guides of the city. Ed's not sure how he feels about this idea, but I know that if I plan a trip for the spring, he'll come along. And it would be so nice not to let as much time go by in between visits. 

Just thinking back over the summer, we had have some really nice visits with life long friends, what a joy it has been.....

No comments: